Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bukisa Tighten Up on Submission Rules

Signup to Bukisa, Get Paid For Publishing your Knowledge!

I have dabbled a little with Bukisa over recent months - just a bit of sideline really, not something that I have put significant time into. One of the things I have done in the past is to simply copy and paste a couple of my articles that I have submitted to Ezine. To submit content to Bukisa that you have submitted elsewhere is within the rules, provided of course that it is your own content and not someone else's. The links are nofollow, so there is no value from a SEO point of view, but it is an easy way of getting more revenue earning content up and provides another way for people to find my stuff, so worth doing I thought.

I had a plan to copy all my Ezine articles into Bukisa for this reason and submitted my first two last week. But, these were both rejected on the basis that there were self-promoting links in the article. I have tried moving the links so that they are a bit more subtle and taking out the "call to action" a the end of the article, but to no avail. I have also noticed that one of my other articles is now "under review". I guess it is only a matter of time before the rest of my articles suffer a similar fate.

It seems that any link to your own content now means your article will now be rejected. This is very disappointing and must mean that at least half of the content currently on Bukisa will now be removed. I guess it is OK if you are someone who is happy to write simply to earn from Bukisa, but I had hoped to combine this activity with promoting with my other content. I guess that is not going to possible any more.

1 comment:

Lula said...

Yes, I write at Bukisa also and have heard of this crack down. Apparently they had some people scam them out of money and they are striking back with a vengeance.