Monday, October 11, 2010

Make Bookmarking Your Sites (Blogs, Squidoo Lenses, Hubs, etc) Easy with IMAutomator



I have to admit, I have been slow at making use of social bookmarking for building links and traffic to my various projects. It can be a rather laborious process, having to create numerous accounts with the various bookmarking sites and then inputting your various links. Then, of course, there is the fact that some sites are not keen on you just submitting your own stuff, so you have find some other sites to submit as well.

With this particular mindset, you can imagine how pleased I was to discover IMAutomator. This site allows you to quickly submit your link to up to 15 bookmarking sites at a click of a button. You do not have to create lots of accounts either, this is all done for you. You have the option of your link being submitted to all sites at once, or gradually a day at a time, or even over a 45 day period. Having your links submitted gradually is good for search engines seeing your link count increase at a natural rate rather than all at once.

The best thing about this is that it is FREE! There is a pro version for which there is a monthly subscription, but access to this is strictly limited and at the time of writing there are no places available. It is intended that there will be more places released at some point in the future, but it is not clear when.

IMAutomator was created by Caroline Middlebrook who did have a well respected internet marketing blog. However, her blog has now disappeared and all traffic is redirected to IMAutomator. She has even gone rather quiet on Twitter - nothing heard from her since April 2010.

The key question though, does IMAutomator actually bring any traffic to your sites? Well, for me it is too early to say as I have only been using it for a couple of weeks. However, I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I am friending you right now! I am too on the same path you are. I have a feeling I will be reading your page for hours on end. Thank you for the info. Good luck.

Emily - fellow B.C. user
http://futurecpa-curretlybroke.blogspot.com/