After having spent a few days away, I have had some time to reflect on how I can progress plans for expanding my affiliate activities and to actually make some decent money online. I have decided (out of necessity) that this needs to be a nil cost project. As a result, progress may take a little longer to get off the ground. So my plan is as follows:
1. Select a range of products to promote. I have decided I will choose a wide variety of products and will not limit myself to any one category. Most will be Clickbank digital products, but some will be physical products from Pepperjam. I have decided on 10 products, although I will focus on just 3 initially and gradually increase.
2. Use Squidoo as a landing page for my products.
3. Write articles for each product and submit to Ezine and other article directories, making changes between each submission so that they do not look like duplicates.
4. Write more articles and submit. Repeat!
5. Promote articles and Squidoo pages through social bookmarking (Digg, etc.), related forums, blogs, traffic exchanges, free ads, and any other free method I can find.
6. Write Hub Pages and Knols related to my products.
7. Put any available banners/links on blogs and my website.
8. Once I start making sales then a percentage (I haven't settled on a figure yet) can be reinvested on pay per click campaigns, solo ads, domain names for my affiliate links (if necessary) and any other affordable and effective method that I may come across.
This all very new to me and is very much a learning process, but from the extensive reading that I have been doing (mostly from other people's blogs) this is the process I have settled on. Progress will be limited by my "nil cost" principle and also by limits on my time as I work full-time and have other demands on my time (see my other blog for more on this). So actually my first task is write myself a schedule for the coming weeks to make sure I get everything I need to do done. So what do you all think? Please let me know via your comments if there is anything else and particularly if I have got anything hopelessly wrong!