Saturday, October 25, 2008

Expanding my Affiliate Empire (Part 2 ) - Choosing the Right Products to Promote

I have been trawling the Clickbank Marketplace looking for products to promote and trying to get to grips with the various figures they give. From researching on other sites and forums the important things to look at are popularity and gravity. Until a couple of days ago, gravity to me was what helped an apple fall to the ground while Isaac Newton was reputedly sitting under a tree. In the Clickbank world however, it is a measure of how many recent sales there have been. But if this figure is high (i.e. 150+) and is highly ranked in terms of popularity, then it is likely this is a seriously saturated market. If a product is popular but has a low gravity score this suggests that a very few affiliates are cornering sales. A less popular product with a low gravity score could mean that there is little competition out there, or it might mean that it is a product that just doesn't sell. So it's all quite confusing to a newbie like me.

My original idea was to target a particular less popular niche as there would be less competition, but now I'm not so sure. I'm a little concerned that this would mean fewer potential sales. So I think what I will do initially is choose a few products across a range of categories with a range of gravity scores. This might give me an idea where to concentrate my efforts.

1 comment:

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

This is a great post as I am trying to figure out the whole affiliate thing myself. It is hard and I only want to promote something that I would like.