Sunday, April 5, 2009

Achieving Success with Affiliate Marketing





Despite my extensive research on making money as an affiliate, all my efforts have come to nothing. I have come to the conclusion that although I have amassed a great deal of knowledge around the subject, what I lack is a clear system. What I need is someone to tell in clear terms how it's done. I am not ready for trying to get together a list or for PPC ads. What I really need is someone to guide me through free methods of making money through affiliate marketing.

So..... the £37 that I have recently received from Global Test Market I have re-invested it in One Week Marketing. This is the first time I have spent money on a making money online guide but I feel that it is worth it. One Week Marketing is put together by Jennifer Ledbetter otherwise known as PotPieGirl who I have come across before on Squidoo and I have read her blog on a number of occasions so I felt reassured by this.

The system concentrates on setting up marketing campaigns using free methods such as Squidoo. The guide gives you a day by day account of what you should do over a 7 day period, after which you forget it and move on to the next campaign. I have started my first, although I am finding that my 7 days are more likely to take around 14 given that my time is split between my full-time job, my family, maintaining my blogs and my various self-sufficiency efforts. I have decided that I will use the first campaign as a learning process and come to a conclusion about what timescales are realistic for me.

I am really excited about One Week Marketing - it has been written in a way that is easily understandable to everyone and it just makes so much sense. I can also see how I could use elements of the system to promote other projects such as my blogs and my Zlio shops. But... as usual I am already thinking about running when I haven't yet learned to walk.

Has anyone else tried One Week Marketing? Has it been successful for you?

2 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I really don't know how to get this affiliate marketing thing going. I applied to PepperJam, and can't get them to answer me at all. I see a few other sites affiliate marketing camping gear, which would be perfect on two of my blogs, but there is no link to indicate how they managed to get those ads. It's all a bit of a mystery that takes more energy than I seem to have right now.

Rumpleteazer said...

Sharkbytes - You might need to try one of the other networks - Commission Junction maybe, or perhaps Amazon. I am finding this Internet Marketing much harder than I thought, but making progress slowly.