Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Squidoo Alternatives #8 - Launchtags


This is the last of my series of alternatives to Squidoo for the time being. Launchtags is yet another site where you can write your own content, link back to your own site/blog and earn money. The interface has a similar structure to Squidoo and Hubpages in that you have various modules to construct your own "Mini-Page" (as they are referred to here). This includes text, images, video, and affiliate banners/links. You can also earn money from Adsense on your Mini-Pages.

This all looks absolutely great and should offer a number of flexible opportunities including using Mini-Pages as landing pages for an affiliate marketing campaign. Except, THE DAMN THING JUST DOES NOT WORK!!! I have spent ages trying to put together a Mini-Page, but every time I hit the Publish button everything disappears except my introduction and thumbnail picture. I thought it was just me, but if you look at other recent Mini-Pages they look look the same. It seems that it was not always this way as the older Mini-Pages seem to be just fine.

I have e-mailed via the "Contact Me" tab to make this point, but had no response. I have also left a message on the forums, but again, no response. In fact the forums look pretty much dead - the "Help Me Please" forum has just 8 threads on it and 2 of those are mine!!!

Launchtags feels like it has been abandoned by its owner. Either that, or someone is working away behind the scenes to get it working and they are just far too busy to respond to queries. But as I posted my Mini-Page several months ago and the site still isn't working properly, this seems unlikely!

N.B. If at some point in the future I should find that Launchtags is functioning properly, then I will of course amend this review accordingly.

No comments: