Friday, March 20, 2009

Things are Changing at Entrecard



I have been a member of Entrecard for a few months now and it has helped me "meet" other bloggers and has brought traffic to my blogs. I have been a little concerned about the bounce rate of visitors from Entrecard, but I have stuck with it because enough people have actually taken the time to read my blogs to make it worth my while. Previously the way it would work is that you could earn credits by visiting other blogs in the network and "dropping" on them and by "selling" an ad spot on your Entrecard widget. In turn you can redeem your credits for ads on other blogs in the network. However, it has been announced recently that changes are afoot. These will remain, but with a few changes.

The key changes are:

  1. Up to 50% of the ad impressions on Entrecard widgets will be 3rd party ads.
  2. The Entrecard widget has to be placed "above the fold" or within one keystroke of the page down key.
  3. You will be able to trade in your Entrecard credits for CASH!
These changes have brought a mixed response from the Entrecard community and there has been a bit of an exodus of some bloggers who are concerned that the ads they purchase with their credits will effectively be diminished in value. I have decided to stick with it for the moment and see how it works out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great news for all bloggers in the world. Thanks for the info. Still have to visit entrecard.

Rumpleteazer said...

@Daily Mezze - I think the jury is still out as to whether the changes are a good thing or not.