Friday, June 6, 2008

Mystery Shopping


This week I had my first experience of mystery shopping. I'm not actually signed up with any mystery shopping companies, but I just received an e-mail from a company offering me £35 to phone 6 car insurance companies for a quote and then fill in online surveys about each. I don't know where they got my details from - perhaps best not to ask!! Anyway, I did the required task, although I had to split it over 2 days as it was quite time consuming. I managed NOT to buy any insurance despite each company insisting they had the best deal on the planet. I usually look for quotes on the internet so that I have time to look at all the details, so I had to force myself to listen to all the details as I have habit of switching off and not listening to sales people on the phone - something to do with a natural distrust of sales people!

Anyway, I manged to finish the task in time (there was a time limit) - just need to wait for the cheque to arrive now! Next task is to look into some more mystery shopping sites I think.

No comments: