Saturday, June 7, 2008

Writer's Share


I received my first payment from Writer's Share (of £1) this week. For those of you who don't know, Writer's Share is a site where you are invited to write around 150 words on suggested topics and for the ones they like you will be paid £1. Apparently they are accepting around 80% of submissions. Some of the topics are quite obscure though. My submission was several weeks ago so I had all but given up on the chance receiving anything. Just after I submitted my piece, they closed all topics due to a backlog. At the time of writing all topics are still closed, but the site says that the backlog is clear so new topics should be available soon.

You can sign up to Writer's Share here.

[Edit - Please note, Writer's Share no longer appears to be operating.]

No comments: